Monday, December 2, 2013

When a Plus Size shop stops at XL but.....

goes up to xxl on their online store - what the....

Yip the store "City Chic", in their stores go up to xl, but the shop online goes up to xxl. This to me is really weird, and to me borderlines towards discrimination. 

Is it because they feel that displaying xxl in stores is embarrassing... I really don't know - I will be emailing them to find out what the reason is though and will get back to you on that one.

I love some of their stuff, and travelled nearly 2 hours the other week to go and visit their store to try on stuff in xxl, well went through every thing there and could not find any xxl - first I thought maybe that had sold out, but when we are in Aussie, I remember it only going up to xl as well. 

Unless they have an awesome reason for not stocking xxl, I won't be shopping from them ever again, not that I have shopped much from them before (a pair of leggings) is it lol.

I will come back and update you when or if I get a reply.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm! Not good. It's so hard to find attractive clothes in shops catering for larger sizes. That was one thing I liked about shopping in America..... I guess population base has something to do with it but I could get really nice colours which were impossible to find here.

    Now that it's no longer a problem I still seem to be looking in the wrong places. Twice lately I've bought home a size or two too small from Warehouse. I seem to vary between 14 and 18 depending on style and brand. So annoying that there is no standard. I just want some cheap clothes that will look decent for one season at a time to supplement the things I really like.

    We could go on and on about how poorly anyone over 17 and a skinny minny is served but I'll stop there.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have contacted them, still waiting on a reply, if they do reply :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jackie, I was just wondering whether knew that the City Chic sizes run a little bigger then what they say. I am a Size 26-28 myself and I fit the XL sizes in City Chic, when the cut isn't right for my body shape then I usually get a bigger size and order the XXL, but I do wish that they had the XXL in stores too.

    ReplyDelete